I used to make this recipe frequently a few years ago and decided that today would be a great day to make it again. It’s a super easy recipe that is healthy, too. The recipe is also easy to add or alter. FYI, the picture below has lean ground beef added that no longer makes it 0 Points, but it’s still very healthy.
Weight Watchers 0 Point Cabbage Soup
- 3 cups nonfat beef broth or nonfat vegetable broth or nonfat chicken broth (beef is the best)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the zuccini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.
- I have added yellow squash and lean ground beef (adds calories/points, but still overall healthy). I buy as many fresh vegetables as I can for the best nutrients.
- Make larger quantities of it and freeze it in individual freezer bags/containers to thaw and eat on cold nights that you don’t want to cook.
- If you can find No Salt Added Broth, it’s even healthier.
Recipe Found at RecipeZaar
Brrrr! It’s cold! Middle Tennessee usually only gets snow MAYBE once a year. It’s true that we don’t know how to handle it, but that’s part of the charm of the area. If you don’t like it, then move back North or wherever else you call Home. I went out today, and this is what it looks like near my house. Luckily just a few miles away the roads were mostly clear. I’m thankful I don’t have to deal with this on a regular basis, however it’s really pretty when it lasts.
I ♥ Comments! Share the love